suspension for honda civic ex 95

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ex95cvc

My car is almost 11 years old and the suspensions where not even replaced yet. With all those coilovers and dampers available out there today, it's hard to choose what's best replacement my car's suspensions. Can anybody out there help me? I would like to lower my car at least an inch w/o sacrificing ride comfort. Thanks.

Thanks for all your responses guys!

i think that's a bit over-kill for what he needs.

a like-stock ride with a minro drop....

kyb agx and some eibach sportline springs should do the trick

Quoted post[/post]]

Exactly the setup I use. Works great. If the suspension hasn't been worked over, a new set of LCAs might need to be sourced too, as the strut/lca bolts will snap as soon as you put any force on them. I'd also invest in new ball joint's while you're at it.

hell if its dd, i dont even think GR-2s would be a problem.

A lot of times you can also find the tein dress up springs cheaper than eibach sportline.

:werd: Im riding tein dressups and OEMs. Tein dressups or even luxury master series on KYBs or tokico would probally be best. Eibach springs seem pricey to me and don't feel as good as my teins. 2.0 drop in front and about 1.5 in the back ( EG hatch) the SUPER EL CHEAPO way would be to go SPRINT on OEMs ( if not blown) . I had sprints on my 96 civic coupe and they road nice and didn.t sag much even after 23,000 miles.

Quoted post[/post]]
I think you will be happy with a Tein Basic Damper system. Decent ride and price. Goes for $900

Thanks for the response. I was checking out the omni-fc6 coil-over, is that a good quality? is it better to buy the springs & strut/shocks separately or better to get a set?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Exactly the setup I use. Works great. If the suspension hasn't been worked over, a new set of LCAs might need to be sourced too, as the strut/lca bolts will snap as soon as you put any force on them. I'd also invest in new ball joint's while you're at it.

Thanks for the response. What 's LCA?

Quoted post[/post]]
:werd: Im riding tein dressups and OEMs. Tein dressups or even luxury master series on KYBs or tokico would probally be best. Eibach springs seem pricey to me and don't feel as good as my teins. 2.0 drop in front and about 1.5 in the back ( EG hatch) the SUPER EL CHEAPO way would be to go SPRINT on OEMs ( if not blown) . I had sprints on my 96 civic coupe and they road nice and didn.t sag much even after 23,000 miles.

Thanks. 1.5 to 2" drop is ok.

Quoted post[/post]]

thanks. is buying a set better than separate springs & shocks/struts?

Quoted post[/post]]

Thanks. What's Sprint?

Omni coilovers are still kinda sketchy. The first gen's had some issues with breaking in half. and I wouldn't suggest them personally. If you want to go full coilovers- which I don't recommend for DD - go with either Teins, D2's, or Progress/KW's.

LCAs, or lower control arms. Remember to buy a bigass can of penetrating oil before you attempt any of this. You will thank me.

Typically, some places will give you a package deal - but otherwise, there is no way to match a spring to a strut. Eibachs do seem overpriced (paid ~ $200 for my set) based on Teins that go for half that, but they do come with a lifetime man. warranty. So if you decide you want to jump your Civic over some train tracks, and you break your springs, you're covered. :mrgreen:
If not, go with Teins, Tanabes, or Nuespeeds.

Sprint is t3h suck. Ebay springs are probably better.

Back