1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suspension on 2000 civic ex

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by wallball123, Nov 18, 2008.

1. wallball123

wallball123 New Member

So i want to lower my car about 1.5 inches
    and i was reading about coilovers vs just getting springs
    and i honestly dont know which is better to get. i dont want to blow my stock shocks out if i get springs, but does that happen often? and with coilovers, people have said they ride really bad, but i have no idea.

suggestions would be great

and what are some other ways to improve suspension?

thanks for the help

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

if your not going any lower than that i would just get some good springs.

3. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

if you are lowering to NEED to get proper shocks that are made to work with the lowering springs
    if you dont you WILL blow your shocks

for the amount you are looking to lower your car you will be fine with a decent quality street spring like the Neuspeeds... the Neuspeed street springs match very well to the KYB AGX shocks

that set up will not cost too much and will yield good looks and decent handling

dont bother with adjustable coilovers unless you intend to do them the right way and properly tune them (proper suspension geometry, corner balancing, proper rake, etc) otherwise you are wasting your money

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted