Suspension setup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Harms Way

Sorry for making a new post but i looked at my friends suspension and the coilovers on there are red, but i didnt get a good look at them but they looked like eibach's. Now, I will be having Tokico Blues on my rear with tokico shocks. On my front will be tokico Illumina's with eibach coilovers. The rear tucks right below the tire and i am going to tuck the front the same way, or until I like it. What do you guys/girls think of this set up of the illumina's in the front with eibach coilovers and blues in the back? :unsure:

why??? whats your reason for doing so?

i mean whats the purpose of having two differnt setups ?

please explain!!!

just doens't make sence to me

Don't run 2 different setups. It will just make your life harder. If you can't afford all 4 shocks right now, just save up and get some AGX's or Illuminas and a set of nice springs (Eibach, Tanabe, H&R etc).

i concure, get a good setup, i personally have the eibach sports with agx shocks, its a good all-around setup, and its adjustable stiffness helps around the twisties. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRTS TIME, it will save you money, belive me, i'm sure i can speak for most of HS when i say this!!!

uhmm, how will it make my life harder? I already have tokico blues with tokico shocks in the back as well as up front - rated at a 1.5 inch drop. However, if you have seen in the auto-multimedia forum, my front sits just a tad too high for me while the back sits right where i want it to. Now, my friend offered to give me his 2 illuminas with coilovers to drop the front just a tad.

The shocks will have different characteristics, and the ride will suffer. You want to the front and the back to be matched so that you have a good balance.

oh :D Sorry, long day. Well then what about some skunk 2, eibach, or AGX coilovers on the Tokico shocks? Is that still a bad decision? Sorry, I am still new with suspension. :(

or Ground control? :)

It's not just using different springs, it's using different shocks, you need them to all be matched.

Originally posted by Harms Way@Apr 7 2005, 03:45 PM
oh :D Sorry, long day. Well then what about some skunk 2, eibach, or AGX coilovers on the Tokico shocks? Is that still a bad decision? Sorry, I am still new with suspension. :(

or Ground control? :)
[post=484434]Quoted post[/post]​

lie we've all said above, your ride will suffer, you want to keep it all the same, so that the dampening and spring rates are all the same, honestly, i would get a coilover kit to lower em more, or live with the little bit of heigth in the front, at least with the coilovers you can adjust that up front unlike standard springs and shocks. yes ground control is good, i belive they use eibach for the springs, but unsure. good luck

ok, so if I use my already installed tokico shocks - with ground control or skunk 2 coilovers would this be a good idea? What do you mean by the ride will suffer? just a bit or a WHOLE lot? I already purchased the 4 tokico blue shocks with 4 tokico lowering springs but the srpings didnt give me the drop that I wanted. So I was thinking of saving my tokico shocks and getting ground control or skunk 2 coilovers. Will the ride be unbarable? (sp?)

anything ground control or skunk2 makes in off-the-shelf varities are far from unbearable IMO. Personally, i think they are weak.

mix/matching is a bad idea though.. keep all 4 corners the same brand... or at least the same spring rate/damping force that is matched- otherwise you're going to get tossed like a fish ass in prison :D

Back