suspension upgrade help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

aldogg8

i have a 93 civic dx 4 door-which does not come with sway bars from factory- and i'm gonna upgrade my suspension. i have front 94 integra sway bar, all brackets and hardware w/ lower control arms, and rear gsr sway bar w/ all brackets and hardware, and 2000 gsr rear lower control arms. i have all this stuff and i'm just waiting for a good day to put it together. i wanna see what u guys think, and if u have any tips to make the install go easier i would appreciate that as well.

should be fairly straight forward.

douse the bolts with wd 40 the night before to let them lube up.... and be gentel with them, or you will break them off

First you need to get under your car and make sure you have the mounting points on you subframe for them, and the correct LCA's to attach them. If you do, then it is a pretty quick painless process. use a small wire bush to clean the corrosion from inside the mounting holes, put a little WD40 in there to help them screw in, and that's about as complicated as it gets. For changing your LCAs, I'd say soak them in break free the night before.

definatly do an overnite soak

i did that and still ended up breaking 1

so be prepared to get a ride to the dealership from a friend or something :)

Yeah, I agree with everyone, use a penatrating oil, like Kroil , which is a much better product than WD-40 as it's only a desicant as it removes water , verses a real penatrating oil.

Soak , douse it, gently tap on the bolt head with a hammer a little the vibration will help work the oil into the area to help lossen things. also keep some on hand when you actually try and loosen the bolt, use very generous amounts as the bolt works it's way out.

Or you could be like me and piss off every honda owner and the bolts just come out without any extra work

see i have no sway bar in the front as well as in the back. now i know in the rear there are holes on the the sub frame where the sway bar brackets go, but i dont know if i have the nuts that are tak welded to the sub frame. in the front where the sway bar bracket mounts to the body there is a bolt/nut setup that holds it in place. now i have seen the studs there before but i do not know if it has the threaded hole were the screw goes. but as far as parts i have all the parts that i need in my room right now so im trying to get it done. my car has 2'' drop kit and now shocks but no sway bars. i'm going to be doing a b16 swap and i know that it's going to need the sway bars to do the damn thing. good lookin' for the info

Some will have the threaded holes, some won't. Mine didn't, I just used some nuts, and washers. For the front, you will more than likely have to swap out your LCA's for some that have mounting points, and you may not actually have the right holes. On mine, I'd have to get a new steering rack, or do some mods.

Back