1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap 1.5l Motors From 92civic To 91crx

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by cheese9988, Apr 25, 2003.

1. cheese9988

cheese9988 Senior Member VIP

Hi, I have a 91 crx with a good body but bad motor. I also have a civic with a really rusted body and a good motor. They are both 1.5l motors, standard shift, I'm wondering what driveaxels, motor/tranny mounts and shift linkage I could use to get it to fit right....the wiring I got figured out already. :huh:

2. solblu

solblu Senior Member

The wiring is the hard part. Everything else bolts up. Use the stuff in the CRX. What model CRX is it?

3. cheese9988

The CRX is a 91 DX...I was hoping the shift linkage and drive axels would line up, those look to be the most expensive part of the swap.

4. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Once you convert from DPFI,to MPFI it should be real easy.There is an article on the conversion in the articles section.

5. solblu

solblu Senior Member

You will use your CRX tranny, axels, linkage, everything. You have to switch the top driver's side mount from your old block to the new one. THe rest bolts up.

6. cheese9988

The cv boots on the crx are torn, but a local junk yard has axels from an automatic that are good, will they fit too?

7. solblu

solblu Senior Member

Well your best bet would be to go to a parts store and get a set that has a lifetime warranty. I'm not sure if the auto are the same, but I doubt it. Call a parts store and ask them to look up auto and manual ones and see if they are the same stock number. Get a price for axels from the parts store while you are at it, They are usually ~$60 each.

8. cheese9988

Now do you think that shift linkage from a `91 civic would also fit the crx as well...I've just been checking out what the junk yard has, its only 5mins from the house hehe.

9. solblu

solblu Senior Member

I think they are the same, but you can call a dealer to make sure. Parts departments don't mind helping if they aren't really busy.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted