Swap Done Need Help Wiring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

illmatik

Ok the Swap is done the car is running fine, running rich as fuck, but anyways, i need help with the wiring, its GSR into 92 HB DX, ok in the help section it says switch A20 to A17( IAB ), each time i do this the Dizzy Coil pops? whats wrong? what exactly do i need to change? it says it needs a 12V Source since its an OBD-1 ECU on a 99 GSR which is OBD-2, so what exactly do i need to do??? i need some very detailed explanations if possible, thanks. ps. im not a wiring expert (obviously) lol

Nobody knows??? i got a check engine light now, it sounds like vtec engages but im not sure because the check engine light keeps popping up. some one please help. everything is going bad all my piping cracked and fell apart so now im fucked. i need any help possible thanks.

holy shit bricks man. yO, you better start prayin to the 'Grand-Hatch-Tacular' oh wait thats me. lOl. sowwy laughs first then business. what codes are you throwing? your dizzy spring shouldnt be poping out like that, IAB is A26 first of all so try and switch that and get back to me asap with the check engine codes. what piping cracked? exhaust intake? did you do a proper break-in?
yO good luck,

how do i check the engine codes? i think it has something to do with vtec? im not sure

put your hand under the right side of the glove box, there should be two plugs that are inside a soft green plastic cover. one has three wires one has two. takwe the one that has two out, get a paper clip and make into a 'U' shape, stick that into the female slots of that plug. this is called hot routeing, or something. i call it jumping my ecu.once that is done turn the ignition to on, your check engine light will do some random flashes. these flashes are the ecu telling you what is wrong. heres how you read the flashes.

fast flashes= 10's slow flashes=5's 3 sec pause=new code

so if you see 2 fast flashes followed by 3 slow flashes the code is 23. and then you will get a 3 sec pause that means a new code is coming through. the same code repeats that means thats the only code the ecu has gave you all the codes and is now at the begining again. so check that and get back to me

the check engine light doesnt turn on unless i go over a certain rpm, the car runs fine, just that the CEL goes on i think when vtec is supposed to kick in, it think its a wiring issue if im not mistaken or can it be something else?

i went where u told me there 4 wires tehre.. 2 gray ones( one has 3 slots the other has 2) these are connect no where, and the other 2 are connected somewhere else and i cant seem to unplug them, well i tried the 2 Slot Plug and no check engine light went on, do you have a pic or something that shows i used the right plug?

Back