Swap F22B to H22A TypeS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RedTopPrelude

Hi everyone,
I am new on this forum. I am from New Zealand, so i am talking about Japanese spec only. I'm sorry about that but i didn't find anyone in NZ that could help me..
I am a happy owner of a 1993 Prelude Si with F22B DOHC with a 5 speed gearbox.
I am thinking on swapping this baby with a H22A Prelude type S engine (red top 220Hp), with gear box and ATTS system. How difficult would be this swap?
Kit include engine,g earbox, loom, ecu, axles, shifters, alt, dist, starter motor, and the standard engine mounts. With an extra 60Hp how would that affect the standard chassis? As far as i can see it can handle way more than 160Hp..
Many thanks,

PS: Im sorry if my question has already been answered before but i didnt find any post that was really talking about what i want to do.

Hey guys,
I asked around and they rekon the ATTS will be an issue. Should i just get a H22A block and use my F22B (150 000kms) gear box? Apart from a new clutch, what should i change then? Considering that my lude is stock.
Sorry if my questions are stupid...
Cheers.

You shouldnt have any problems. The H22a is a direct swap. There are models of that car that come with that engine stock... So dont worry about the extra 60hp
What do you mean by ATTS ?

Hey swoop,
The ATTS is the name given to the Prelude TypeS (gen5) gearbox, it hasnt got a proper LSD as the Accord EuroR, it is an electronic diff. How do i adapt the hole kit (as specified before) without to many issues? or is it way to complicated?
Cheers.

You should have no problem with the whole swap, your cars is most likely a obd1 and i think that engine is obd2 so you might have to get a conversion kit for that ....

hmm, Obd1? could you please tell me what are you talking about? what is the difference between OBD1 and OBD2? and what is the conversion kit composed of?
Cheers.

(on board diagnostics) your car is a your cars genration is obd1 if the h22a is from a 97 or new body style it is an obd2 example.... a h22a1 is obd1 a h22a4 is obd2. its just a wire adaptor

ok but what about the engine and gear box mounts? My car is a gen4 prelude and the engine is coming from a gen5 prelude. Do they still have the same engine mounts?

gen 5 swap question

hi i have a 98 bb5 prelude and i am also frm nz so need info on jdm models am i able to do a straight swap for a black top h22a from a bb8 prelude what would i need to change as i would like to buy this engine http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-M...nda/Engines-drive-trains/auction-83390508.htm

would i be better to use the gear box from the h22a or mine my gearbox has done 67,000 kms and the ecu is for a tip tronic and mine is 5 speed does this matter and what about mounts are they the same as the f22b6??

another option would be the jdm h22...sure its not got 220 hp but has a great transmission. so you could get the red top and buy the jdm tranny. the f22 will have longer gears and not give the car as much pep as the h22 tranny will

Back