Swap for my EF

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EFCivicSi

I'm am thinking about getting a swap for my car. The only thing that is really holding me back is the fact that my car only has 104,000 original miles on it. I think that that's pretty amazing for a 16 year old car. Anyways, if I were to do a swap I would like to put in a B16A. The only problem there is that I can't afford it. The only choices I have found are the D16Z6, D15B, or a DOHC/SOHC ZC. Which one of these swaps is the easiest and the best?

Last edited:
theyre all about equal. overall the sohc zc will probably yeild the least amount of problems. finding the pm7 will be the only difficult part. its about the same with the d15b. im not sure if there is an obd0 computer for the d15b, but if not it requires a conversion harness (which is the only way i have personally done it).

Some of the other d-swap guys can probably provide a little more information where i have been vague.

the DOHC ZC will give you the most performance for your money - easy swap as it bolts right in - you will have some wiring changes to do, which will vary depending on what model your car is

i just swapped the z6 in my 91 hatch. had to spend a little more cause i had to convert to obd1 but well worth it. that things hauls!:thumbsup:

Back