SWAP HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HatchSpeeD

...Hi...
I have a 5spd hatch;
I know someone that is selling an automatic LS swap, but also coming with a 5spd GSR trans. Thats the combo I wanted anyways, LS w/ gsr tranny. My question is, besides using a MT ecu, what do I need to do to make this work and be swapped into my civic hatch to be using the 5spd gsr trans. Is there anything different about the LS motor coming from an auto, such as injectors, cams or whatever. Is there nothing more to the swap but simply, taking off the auto tranny and putting the gsr 5spd on. Please fill me in.
THX

Use the GSR tranny and then do it as any other B series swap, motor/tranny, axles, mounts, shiftlinkage, ecu.

long block is the same, just like stated above bolt up the GSR tranny and let the LS ecu run it's self, but you want to get a different map instead of the automatic one. I am not sure about the difference between auto and 5spd LS ecu's but on the B series Vtec motors there are differences in output.

Milan

Well, I would be using a MT LS ecu because I have a manual transmission.
So far, the only difference or things i need to change is the MAP sensor?

did you think about mounts... this is a 95 Civic HB right? Or are you talkin about a 95 Integra? Anyhow if it's a CIvic you need B series mounts I have no idea if you need to get them from PlaceRacing or Hasport or if the B-series moutns on the LS motor would work, Im brain dead, sorry if I made this a pointless thread just brain dead today.

Originally posted by HatchSpeeD@Sep 5 2003, 10:47 PM
Well, I would be using a MT LS ecu because I have a manual transmission.
So far, the only difference or things i need to change is the MAP sensor?

Not MAP sensor, fuel maps as in, inside the ECU that control air/fuel ratios etc...I wouldn't think that the maps or cams and other things that Honda used to detune the auto vtec would be as nescessarly for the non vctec models.

Anyhow if it's a CIvic you need B series mounts I have no idea if you need to get them from PlaceRacing or Hasport or if the B-series moutns on the LS motor would work, Im brain dead, sorry if I made this a pointless thread just brain dead today.

Go back to sleep man. :p . You don't need aftermarkets for a B into a civic, just a combination of stocks. On the B into an EG you only need to use the B series torque mounts as the civics and tegs are the same, on the 96+ up you just have to use the appropriate rear and drivers side brackets.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Sep 5 2003, 08:30 PM
Not MAP sensor, fuel maps as in, inside the ECU that control air/fuel ratios etc...I wouldn't think that the maps or cams and other things that Honda used to detune the auto vtec would be as nescessarly for the non vctec models.

Uh, wut? I thought MAP sensor was that sensor on or near the IM/TB.

Are you trying to say is all I need is the LS manual tranny ecu?

My car = 94 Civic Hatch cx 5spd

Donor engine = 95 integra LS automatic

Donor transmission = 2000 gsr transmission 5spd

As far as I know, all I have to do to use an engine from an automatic car is to use a MT ecu (P75 i think) and not the AT ecu. Besides doing that, theres no difference. Still unsure of the MAP sensor thing. Can anyone else help?

yea.....i put a 95 ls motor from an automatic with a gs-r tranny in my ek9 hatch last week.........i used my stock dx computer wich is pretty much the same as an ls computer.......the things i needed to get were flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, the front passengers side bracket for the mount on the tranny and the rear engine brack for the rear engine mount ....along with axels and so on.............

Back