swap information

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxsk8er

ok i just bought a 92-95 b16 SiR II and im swaping it into a 96 DX hatch.......im not quite sure what i need for the swap and all that i have to do such as wiring and shit.......i tried to seach it but i couldnt find anything.......so if sumone has done it or knos what to do can you please let me kno it will help a lot Thanks

Chris

If you are in cali, that swap is illegal... FYI the motor must be same year or newr than the car.

Now that that is out of the way....

try searching harder, this has been dine many times
https://hondaswap.com/swap/civic/six.php

hahaha
So you didn't listen to everyone when they told you NOT to get a B16A SiR 2 and drop it in your 6th gen, huh? Well, there is some hope for you. Here's some info that will help you get that OBD 1 monster in your car.

I have done that swap myself and I know that it's very difficult to do the wiring... If I draw or show some kind of picture I could show you how it done.. since I can't do that I guess I can't help you much...
Remember, when you do the wiring... you'll be running only one O2 sensor so make sure that you're using the right o2 sensor... I recommend you to get an OBD 1 integra GSR 94-95 (USA) complete wireharness... Don't forget that you need a OBD1 ecu then if you're using obd1 wireharness.... If you wish to use your wireharness in your car then it'll be more complicated, but it's not impossible.. Just make sure that you know which wire is which.... by the way, just make sure that you get the wiring on the distributor right because they're the most important ones... One more thing, if you're using your wire harness in your civic then you'll have to run a obd2 ecu such as one from 96-98 integra gsr... sorry you can't run the 99-00 honda civic si ecu because they're obd2b so it won't fit the harness...

and hey, you can use the honda civic 99-00 si back bracket mount... if your motor comes with tranny mount then you don't have to worry about getting another tranny mount... if not.. you can just use your old ones for your car, they will fit... however, you'll require to get two new mounts... and they are: the driver side bottom/front block mount, and the passenger bottom/front tranny mount... you don't have to have them right away, but they're necessary if you want to race or anything because if you don't have them then your main driver side mount will break and your motor will jump... a possible block crack where the bolts from the driverside mounts goes to the block could occur... It happened to me so i know...

one more thing, you can use any B-series shift linkage such as Ls, gsr, si, delsol vtec, etc...

however, your stock power steering core will not fit the b-series powersteering pump so don't bother to try... what you could do is get a b-series powersteering core if you want to have powersteering...

sorry can't help you much... and people, if I make a mistake please forgive me because I write this base on my personal experience only....

holy_racer

sorry, i forgot to mention something.....if you're using your stock DX wireharness then you'll have to wire up V-Tec... just have some shop do it for you or someone who done it before because it's quite important....

Check locashracing.com, they have many different wiring harnesses for engine swaps. I swapped a 2000 B16A2 into my 93 hatch and I got the subharness for the VTEC, etc from them.

Back