Swap Instructions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mikoling

has anyone taken the time to list the steps of an engine swap online?

I am planning on doing a straight B18c swap in my 93 sol (D16z6)... but dunno where to even begin... I don't like jumping into something so big blindly... especially when my car is involved...

If there isnt instructions online, can someone tell me the steps?... I am planning on taking pics and posting instructions online for all other ppl in my position... i just need to know wat to do first

it's literally like taking your shit out, and then swaping in a new motor which is bolting up three moutns, linkage, and some hoses. Tehn the wiring take your tiem but it's easy.

Do it and you will be happy in the end, plus you save like 1000 from doing it yourself over the weekend.

Milan

those 2 little front things dont count ... they are more "braces" than anything

its not like they hold shit .. they just stabilize things a little if your running rubber mounts

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Aug 28 2003, 06:04 AM
those 2 little front things dont count ... they are more "braces" than anything

its not like they hold shit .. they just stabilize things a little if your running rubber mounts

But if you don't have them, you will get some nasty noises coming from the bay during hard acceleratrion, I know, I don't have them :(

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Aug 28 2003, 06:10 AM
solid mounts??

Huh? I am talking about the two on the front, one on the engine and the one on the tranny, they bolt to the underside of the chassis and they help keep your motor stabile under acceleration. they are pretty wimpy, but do serve a purpose.

i meant are you running solid mounts (hasports etc) or are you running OEM mounts

i am running hasports and have thought of removing the braces they dont seem to do much

Back