1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap into cx eg question

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by blackdahlia6, Mar 16, 2010.

1. blackdahlia6

blackdahlia6 New Member

If putting a d15b vtec motor into a cx eg would the stock d15b8 transmission be able to handle the new found power on the d15b engine? or would my best bet to not have anything mess up and try to get a hydro d15b tranny? its extra money i dont have so thats why i ask. thanks

2. civichatch1988

civichatch1988 Ef hatch

You should be just fine

3. blackdahlia6

blackdahlia6 New Member

id like more input from people, this engine has 200k miles on it...

4. civichatch1988

civichatch1988 Ef hatch

so your saying motor and tranny both have 200k? if so YES it would work but i would just replace or rebuild that tired tranny

5. blackdahlia6

blackdahlia6 New Member

nah its just the tranny thats got 200k, the d15b will likely come from hmotors and those are said to have like 40k...so do you think itd be worth the time and money to just go ahead and buy a d15b vtec hydro tranny?

6. civichatch1988

civichatch1988 Ef hatch

Yes it would be worth it that tranny has 200k yeah Honda lasts for ever but if you want power not just a DD I'd replace the tranny other wise gears could start going out from that addded power and beating it's gonna endure so it's best to just replace it or rebuild

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted