Swap issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I got a 93 si and im putting in a 00 si motor. I have a few issues which i didnt expected. One, the 93 wiring harness has everything the motor needs, minus one connector coming from the 00 motor. I think its the knock sensor, at the back of the block, behind the alternator. The wires comes from the oil pan area. The 93 wiring harness doesnt have a connector for it. If im correct as to what it is, since im using the p28, it doesn't look for the knock sensor rite? Second. I cant use my throttle body cable from the 93? which do i use? the 00 si tbc?

p28 does not use a knock sensor, and your car should ne be wired for it. If I am understanding you correctly, that harnes (2 pin) coming from the oil pan area, more specifically originating from the oil pump, is the harness for the OBD-II crank fluctuation sensor. It is not needed if you are running p28.

I'm not 100% sure on the throttle cable, but I think you need a 99-00 Si.

go to hasports website an go to swap accessories they have a throttle cable bracket u can use on the new si motor with your stock throttle cable

when i swapped that motor into my car I just took a steel bar and drilled some holes in it and used that to relocate the bracket. works just fine, doesn't look hot, but it was cheap

Well..i should have thought about just doing the drill thingy and making my own bracket. Luckly, the tbc wire is only 17 bucks at the dealership. I already ordered it. Im pretty much done, Im lucky that my friend had an extra gsr powersteering pump, i used that and the top ps bracket to run on the b16. Almost went with out it but he handed the pump over to me and i put it on. Now i just need to extend the o2 sensor connectors so it can reach to the bottom of the header since the b16 dont have one in the front. Then i got to go to napa tomorrow and do an exchange with them for one axle....clean up the motor and do a final check and crank her up and see what happens.

I just zip tied mine throttle cable to the B16 bracket, ghetto, but it works.

Well its finally done!!!!! She's running perfect except i havent extended my o2 sensor wiring...I had ordered the tb wire but as soon as i got it and compared it to my 93 one , i took it back into the dealership and got a refund. It was the same length. I spent most the day (8-3:30) driving to a different town to see if my cuzzin had a spare axle, which he didnt. Then i drove around to like 6 different autostores before i found one the right axle..I was fawking relieved as heck to find it. I put in the axle, put in the fluids, checked my wiring, checked my vaccum lines, cranked her once, let the motor lube itself and let the coolant run thru the motor....and bamm...she was good to go. Took me freaking 4 days to do this swap cuz i needed to get so many things that wasn't with the swap. Other then the o2 sensor...im good. Oh..how'd i get around the tb cable??? It was really freaking simple...there's two holes that u bolt the bracket down on...well ..we just used one hole...simple enuf..huh? Just adjusted it so it would work ...no money needed for a bracket or anything else.

Back