Swap Me?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mackh1017

Whats up everyone? Ok. I just bought a 1990 honda civic dx. I have all summer to do whatever i want to do to this thing. My plans are to make it as fast as possible with a $4600 budget. I know for sure that I want to swap the motor. What I am having trouble with is figuring out what the hell to put into it. I'm not really trying to go with v-tec but will if it will be more cost effective. My engine choices as of right now are the ZC DOHC motor, B18A1, B18B1. I want to see what else is out there that wont be an incredibly hard swap. Also if anyone wants to, please let me know what i can do to maximize my horsepower within my budget limits. Thanks to all in advanced.

Originally posted by mackh1017@Apr 27 2005, 11:45 PM
Whats up everyone? Ok. I just bought a 1990 honda civic dx. I have all summer to do whatever i want to do to this thing. My plans are to make it as fast as possible with a $4600 budget. I know for sure that I want to swap the motor. What I am having trouble with is figuring out what the hell to put into it. I'm not really trying to go with v-tec but will if it will be more cost effective. My engine choices as of right now are the ZC DOHC motor, B18A1, B18B1. I want to see what else is out there that wont be an incredibly hard swap. Also if anyone wants to, please let me know what i can do to maximize my horsepower within my budget limits. Thanks to all in advanced.
[post=492364]Quoted post[/post]​

sell you a gsr swap if your interested sellin it for cheap

With $4600 you could put together a mean ls/turbo (b18b1). Then you always have the option of slapping a vtec head on there and making 20 more hp.

Back