swap mess

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigDawg

so i purchased this car and im new to the dohc world the car is a 95 civic ex and supposably has a gsr ecu with a b16a swap the guy has the harness hacked a bit and has no vtec is it possible to wire for it using a gsr ecu and how would i do this so if im leaving out vital info please help

Whats hacked? The Engine harness? If so, I suggest a D16Z6 Engine Harness ($70-125) and simply extend the VTEC lines a few inches to plug into the DOHC locations. Look at the ECU number and search online to find out what ECU you actually have. The GSR ECU would be fine.

Is it running?

i havent exactly picked it up it was a cheap buy due to being wrecked the car starts and runs and he has even raced it the way it is but when looking under the hood there are things not even hooked up and would the z6 harness plug up to everything on the b16a and ill have to look at the ecu im not sure its even a gsr thats just going by word

Doesnt the gsr ecu run too rich for a b16. Wouldnt it be better to get a chipped p28.

get a p30 obd1 ecu.

the gsr p72 will run the car a bit rich, but it will throw a code for the IAB control that the b16 doesn't have (2ndary runner butterfly on the intake manifold)

Back