Swap or Rebuild??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OK i got a integra GSR. it has 150k miles on it (which really sucks :( ) and i dont know what i should do???? should i rebuild the engine or should i swap in an H22???? :unsure: also if the H22 swap is better can someone tell me if i had to do more than get the wiring harness and ecu programmed and the motor mounts......................thanx

if you have the $$$ to swap you prob have the $$$ to sleeve+piston+,+,+
I'd super build but like the last post asked whats wrong w/it first

I told you i have 150K miles on it. i dont want that many miles.......thanx for the info everyone.

Originally posted by standdstill@Jul 17 2003, 06:41 AM
I told you i have 150K miles on it. i dont want that many miles.......thanx for the info everyone.

there is still more to go on that motor. is it just the fact that it has hit 150K?

Before you go spend money inspect the motor yourself and see if it needs to be rebuilt, then take it to someone else and get a second opinion.

If you do need to rebuild, weight out the pros and cons of rebuilding the factory gsr unit vs. swapping in an h22a both cost wise and final benefit.

Milan

if you rebuild right with all new parts (pistions, rods, sleeves, etc..) it will be almost then new anyway. Then boost!!! you will be way faster than just a H22 swap. Ive never heard of anyone wanting to put a H22 into a gsr before anyway.

everybody thanx for your help and i really just wanted to hear that the H22 is easy to put in an integra so i can give my GSR engine to my uncle (has a 95 civic EX and wants a new engine :D ) i probably will rebuild and maybe, if i have the money, bore and stroke it :p . so..................also, im now lookin for a good VTEC engine for about $500 :D (for my uncle :p )

hes got vtec.

if your motor runs good theres no need to fix something that isnt broken. like everyone else said youve still got at least as many miles left as are already on it.

Back