Swap or Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brownkobe8

ok so well im researching for neighbor cuz has no net so he owns 96 accord non vtec
now he wants power out of it stock give 130 hp now hes plannin to get sport cams, headers, cai, plugs etc now after that hes planning to boost it will 9 psi be safe for the car and make it daily driving reliable?
Also i noticed that theirs f22 DOHC for $850 i keep hearing their perfect for boosting so if he does boost the single cam can turbo setup bolt right up to the dual cam?
Or should he just safe the money for the DOHC cuz he doesnt want to worry bout wiring vtec cuz hes scared that it might kick in the right rpm and stuff so hes goin for this dual cam cuz has 20hp more and easy to install right? Isnt just like as if you were replacing the single cam as well?

You could get a turbo kit for a good price if you are looking for a mild upgrade. Wouldnt boost tomuch with the stock internals. I would just swap the engine first it will give a better platform to build up from. For the accord I would def. go with the h22a. They are fairly cheap and easy to get a hold of. Pretty much a direct swap. My first car was a 94 accord 2 door that i had swaped the sohc vtec for a h22a then went with the JRSC down the road... i had a blast with that car.

ok so how easy will droppin an h22a into 96 accord, wat modifications does he need to do?
Wat is an LSD tranny?
Also we both noticed that accords should stick to f and h series engines, theirs an f20b engine actually cheaper than than the h22 but with the same power so how difficult will it be to place the engine?

it will drop right in its very easy swap

The H22a is a direct replacement uses the same mounts. You will find parts for the h22a alot easier. LSD Limited Slip differital Some trans have it some dont, the ones that do not you can add after the fact. The F serious engine you are refering to is out of the accord SIR from japan. You could use this motor but it is uncommon and may not be as easy to find parts with out paying an arm and a leg .

Boosting the single cam is fine. I ran a Big16G at 17-18psi for awhile. Motor had 180K when I started and dropped a cylinder at 200K. I beat it to hell before I boosted it though so I kinda anticipated it dying.

Back