Swap or turbo?!?!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

S14Civic

I'm debating whether I should swap a B16 into my 98 EX or throw a turbo on the Y8....I've been told that the Y8's dont hold up well under boost....is this so? Im leaning towards swapping because id make similar power at around the same cost, currect? and the b16 would be more reliable than boosting a stock y8, am i correct? im looking at a greddy kit with a TD04H-19T (im pretty sure) turbo....ive been told that the kit has an internal wastegate which is set at 6psi....what kind of power would that produce on a stock y8?

GREDDY - TD04H-19T Turbocharger Kit

They claim a 45% power increase ...so at 127 stock i would be looking at 184 or so to the crank...(so they claim).......$2200 for that kit

I could throw a b16 in there for around that price right? looking at like 170hp from the jdm version i would be close to the 184 and could easily get 180 out of a b16 with simple bolt ons right? any input will be greatly appreciated....also if you know any reliable places to get motors from i would appreciate that as well

thanks

swap the motor then turbo it all around better and lots more power but if you do one or the other Id swap the motor n/a motors are good cause you dont have to worry about turbo lag,if you race 2 of the exact same cars with the same amount of hp but ones turbo and the other is n/a the n/a car will win everytime.and you can always turbo or supercharge the swaped motor later

the b18s might be a bit more expensive with not that much of a hp increase so I think the b16 is the best bang for buck.Im tryin to save up enough dough for a b16 sir2 motor for my ride but I got lots of bills and shit.anyway I think you would be very happy with a b16 ohh places to get motors hmotorsonline.com is where I got my first motor from good service desent prices just goggle used JDM motors or used honda motors but take a look at h motors first

Back