Swap Problem....Won't Start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jl21ah

Alright, tough damn day today. Got my b18c1 into my 96 ek today. Used 96-98 ex wiring harness, running obd2 p72, but the !@#$ won't start. It tries to, but won't turn over. What the hell is going on? The engine ran fine in my EG. I am throwing IAT code 10 if that says anything. I wired the CKP(crank) and 2nd o2 and everything, but it just won't start. I checked the spark plugs and it wasn't wet, so, I don't know if gas is getting inside the cylinder....could this be a wiring issue? (injectors not receiving signal?) Any body else have this prob? It's a 99 motor...
ARGHHHHH...

Please HELP!
:angry:

does it sound like it has compression? does it just whin, almost like a whistle? then it might not have compression. otherwise make sure that you let the fuel pump run for 10 sec before trying to start the car. That way it gets fuel all the way into the motor. good luck

Darin

it started today...dont know what the hell it was, maybe loose wire or something, cause i re did all my extensions...might have been misfiring too, cause i went back and re did all the spark plug wires and shit....it starts now!

Back