1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap problems like crazy???? help!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by doh!, Feb 1, 2007.

1. doh!

doh! New Member

okay we swapped out my wife's 95 hatch from d15 to b16a jdm, also obd1........everything went smooth and dandy, car starts up normally but we ran into a major problem.

the rear bracket mount wont line up correctly, it should be the right mount becasue all the bolts goes in perfectly but it wont tread thru. its just a few mm short to where it should bolt in. we figured that the motor is tweaked a little, because the alternator pulley is touching the chassy. i called a performance shop and was tld that i might need a new passanger side mount or a rear brakcet, but when i told him its an auto to auto swap he was stuck:confused:

so guys i know its auto but its for the wife, if anybody out there who has done this swap (auto to auto jdm b16a) please help......

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

did you use a 99-00 si rear motor mount

3. doh!

doh! New Member

we used the same mount that came with the motor.....the motor came out off a 92 chassy

4. welfare

welfare Ancient Member

ok, a few mm is nothing, sometimes it takes a couple tries to get that rear mount in, you may have to rock the engine back and forth a little to get the bolt to go through the hole, as far as the pulley touching the chassis, I had this problem with my brother's eg hatch when we put his gsr engine in, the reaso it touches is because the chassis is a little twisted, either from an accident, or other manufacturing reasons, just use a good size hammer and bang the chassis out of the way for the clearance.
    If you really think that the mount is tweaked then get a mount for a 94+ integra (auto) and try it.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted