Swap, The road less travled D16ZC DOHC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smeagol

I got a 95 civic CX hatch with a d15 in it right now completely stock.
I just bought a fully built d16zc dohc full swap. im good with B series and not so good with d series. but my buddy says that it is a direct fit that i don't even have to use the zc tranny that i can use my d15 tranny and axles.

He said the only thing i need to do is re wire my distributor and put my fuel injectors in it. unless i want to buy a d16zc dohc distributor. i been looking all over to buy one but i cant find one. if anyone could throw me a link to a place that has one or a distributor that will work with it.. but anyhow my buddy is pretty good with Honda's i just wanna double check with you guy if its true i really don't need to do anything except what was said above? he said a ls ECU would help my Gas so ill prolly get one of them.

Well for one you can't use the ZC transmission as it's cable and uses an intermediate shaft(axle selection may be an issue), so you pretty much have to use your D15 transmission(the DOHC ZC transmission is sought after though due to it having the closest D-series ratio). That is, unless you have a hydro DOHC ZC transmission which is much more uncommon than it's cable counterpart.

Rywire makes a distributor adapter though I don't know if they sell it separately from the kits. If you want to replace the whole distributor, I believe this is the correct one for OBD1: TD43U, eBay Motors. Great deals on eBay!

I don't see how a LS ECU would help your gas btw; it's designed for a larger engine so chances are it'll make the motor run slightly rich.

most dohc zc's are obd0. your car is obd1.

First, make sure this is legal to do so in your state. Most states, it's illegal to drop an older engine in a newer car. aka, if yo're in cali, this won't fly.

Back