swapped eg.. ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cory813

i'm planning on swapping something into a 95 coupe.. i originally was planning on putting in a boosted GSR,.. but i kinda want to try a k series swap.. like a k20 or k24.. i kno the k series would probably be more expensive to buy.. but do you think it would be worth it?

well after its all said and done it will cost anywere between 6-9 grand to do it, but if very worth it

i definetly think its worth it. im putting in a k20a2 into my car. my friend just completely built his k though. k24 block + k20 head= one bad mother fucker! theres a video going around of the same build. if i can remember where i found it, ill send it.

thnx 4 ur opinion... my friend just recently rebuilt an entire GSR w/ turbo parts and is putting like 30 lbs of boost on it.. and that bitch is bad as hell.. thats where i got the idea of a boosted gsr from.. but i'd like to be kinda different.. i dont see 2 many k series EGs

well i dont think youll see many k swaps out there period no matter what generation. its cause its such an expensive swap. but i think and im sure a lot of other people think that there is more potential in a k series motor than a b series. not hating on the b series or anything. but i cant wait to drop in my k20a2!

^ i agree. its not worth 8 grand, for that much you could have a very badass turbo gsr that would spank just about any k-series.

dropping that much money on just the motor, not even built is rediculous... especially in an 11 yrs old car..

the reason im putting it onto an 11 year old car is cause 1st of all, i like the body style, and 2nd, theyre somewhat light

i dont see the problem with putting it in such an 11 year old car. ive seen people do the swap with ef's. i only know two people who have done it so far and they love it. if your going to limit yourself to certain amount of money though and you want as much as you can get for the amount.. go b series. k series if your going to go all out on it over a long period of time. a k series build isnt an overnight thing.

just because its been done doesnt mean its worth it

Back