swapped motor not running right

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90sihatch

I finally got the Ls into the civic and its drivable, but she's got some problems. When it gets over about 3 1/2 to 4 grand, it sputters and wants to die. It also doesnt idle very well, it will jump around a lot and eventually settle. There is no O2 sensor in right now, but im gonna be doing that tonight hopefully. Any advice on what else it could be would be greatly appreciated because this is supposed to be my daily driver. thanks

what year car?
what obd car? and what obd motor?

obviously you have a check engine light, but did you pull the codes? might be more than just the o2 throwing the code?

did you dpfi to mpfi?
what ecu?

also sounds like a vacuum leak?

Originally posted by reckedracing@Aug 18 2005, 12:39 PM
what year car?
what obd car? and what obd motor?

obviously you have a check engine light, but did you pull the codes? might be more than just the o2 throwing the code?

did you dpfi to mpfi?
what ecu?

also sounds like a vacuum leak?
[post=541950]Quoted post[/post]​

its a 90 civic si. motor is obd1, but I changed all the electronics to obd0.

havn't checked the code, but it is on.

The car was already mpfi because it's and Si. The ecu is out of a 90 ls.

:laughing1: Check the code, then fix it, then come back with any problems, you have to check what's wrong, and not ask dumb questions like why is my car running like shit? even though i have a cel.

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Aug 18 2005, 07:12 PM
:laughing1: Check the code, then fix it, then come back with any problems, you have to check what's wrong, and not ask dumb questions like why is my car running like shit? even though i have a cel.
[post=542136]Quoted post[/post]​

well i cant just drive it somewhere to have the code read, because it wont make it there. I was just asking if the o2 sensor will make a big difference in the way it runs

You can check your own CEL... It blinks on the LED in the ECU. Get a chilton or a haynes or look it up on this sight, there is a how to, But i'm too damned lazy to link it.

Good luck.

:werd:
There is an led light on every obd0 ecu i believe, count the blinks one long blink = 10, short = 1, then look up the code in the article section.

Back