swapped zc- spark on only one cylinder?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1stcar86z

I have a SOHC Zc in my 91 civic but when i roll it over i am only getting spark on one of the cylinders. i have new wires plugs cap and rotor as well as ecu and Distributor. Does any one know why it would only be getting spark on one cylinder when checked right at the dizzy.

I got the harness for the dohc zc made by hasport and i followed there instruction. I have gone through and checked the wires to make sure that the wires are all going to the right places following the zc distributer pin guide (for the sohc). I am still only getting the spark on one cylinder. I pulled the cap to make sure the coil wasnt bad and all of the ohms check out. I am running a pm6 ecu with the matching dizzy.

Well I have seen many times that the coil "checks" good but it's not, I'm not sayin that your problem but it's a thought. Hmm I'm kinda stumped never had this happen lol, I'm guessing your main relay is working? I'd go over and check your grounds maybe see if your ecu is throwing codes, could be as simple as one of the components inside the dizzy I've seen them go bad and cause little to no spark

check your grounds.
i had this issue when i did my first swap.
theres the tranny ground, the valve cover ground then theres a ground that connects right over the thermostat housing under the dizzy.
my problem was the one below the dizzy wasnt connected.

your coil most likely has a primary and secondary. many times i've seen coils have good ohms on the primary but the secondary cant be tested. you should also have a fault code too. do you?

Are the two wires on the coil for two different sets of cylinders? I was throwing code4 8 and nine but i got a new ECU and the codes went away. Which i though Weird because i put the old ecu back on just to see and the codes were no longer flashing on the old ecu. And on an update it is throwing spark on the 1 and 3 cylander. All Three grounds are connected, Main relay is godd, No ecu codes. What is the minimium gauge wire for the grounds Right now there is what looks like 8 Gauge wire on it.

Back