Swapping a d15b into a 91 GS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91integraGS

I have a b18a in my 91 GS and I want to swap a d15b into it. But, I have no idea if it will fit. I don't mind minor fabrication but I don't want to have to do anything too extreme to get it in.

If it's possible, let me know.

Why the hell would you want to do this??? :slap: The B18 is a better motor in every way. Doing this swap would probably require fabrication, and you're going to need a D-series tranny as well.

I see absolutely no point in this. Why would you spend time and money fabricating to put an inferior motor into your car? If your current B18 is blown just get another one. You'll spend the same amount of money or less, and you won't be downgrading...

Duh. I can list off specs for most if not all honda engines. But that wasn't what I asked, I didn't want an obvious lesson in numbers, I wanted to know if it would fit. I am well aware that the b series is a better all around engine. But, I don't have bottomless pockets and I happen to have a D15b sitting in my garage and I wanted to know what type of fabrication it would take to make it work. :chair:

It's not a bad engine by any means, at least not as bad as you make it out to be. The SOHC VTEC engine is more than enough for my light body style, especially if I boost it. I've worked all that out, I just want to know if it can be made to fit.

So, if anyone has any helpful information, please do let me know.

So is this the JDM D15B VTEC then?

And still...it just seems like such a downgrade. I'd say sell the D15 VTEC to someone who specifically wants that motor, and then grab yourself another B18A or B. You'll get further with boost on a B18 anyway, plus you won't have to swap out the tranny to a D-series one or do any fabricating at all. You'll probably come out about even moneywise.

That's just my 2 cents.

I really can't say how hard it would be to actually get it in there...I'm guessing not many other people do either, because...well...no one does this swap...

Yeah it's the jdm d15b vtec with 130 bhp and 107 lbs of torque. when the obd0 b18 cranks 130 bhp and 127 lbs of torque its only a downgrade for torque and a cam but its vtec. and i want that sound u know wut im sayin but i see where ur coming from but i need to get my car running and this is the quickest option so if u could find any info from any other members that would be cool cuz its a clean ass motor and for $500 for the complete swap i couldnt help myself. and just to let u know i have a d series tranny as well.

You won't really notice VTEC on a D-series unless its a bad low-map tune. For the swap; I'm assuming it should bolt in using EF DX/Si mounts. I'm not sure so don't take my word for it.

Back