Swapping and Boosting a D16Z6 For Kicks?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ic3

Newb Engine Swapper
Hey everyone

Well I have a 94 Civic DX with a blown block and been looking for something to replace it with. I will be picking up a B18c5 sooner or later for a project and might slam it in this car but for now I want to gain a little experience with honda's and fool with this D16Z6. I got my blown engine pertty much unmounted just waiting for my buddy and his big floor jack to jack the front end up enough to roll it out. I will be picking up the HB sometime this week and am ready to swap them out. Now don't expect anything special from me as I have little honda knowledge and experience but I think this swap should be quite easy as they are pertty much the same setup.

A few questions I have are
Should I replace my hole wiring harness with the Si's harness?
Is there any kind of ECU's that I can program with a laptop and software as I go?
I will be throwing a smaller turbo on this and wonder how much the stock internals can handle?
Also I broke my lower control arm bolt off on the passenger side and wonder if I can replace the hole setup with the one off that hatch back?
As I upgrade to this Si is there anything I should take extra from the car/engine bay I might need?
Anyone who has turbo'd one of these engines have any recommendations?

I'm sorry if some of these questions seem silly to any of you on here and flame me if you wish as I accept the fact I have little knowledge of these engines and swaps and this will be my first real hands on swap. I plan to take pictures of everything I do step by step and make a removal and swap guide for these years of cars for future reference and to benefit anyone ready to tackle there own engine work/swaps.
Thanks for your time everyone!

Ic3

Hey Blanco!

Thanks for the info!
Yeah I always use the search feature I was about to crash before bed last night decided to post those questions now I got something to search with ;)

Modify your existing harness.
What will I be looking to modify? Just add vtec? I'm off to search neways so feel free not to answer:p

Ic3

Back