swapping b18a1 motor in 89 crx hf

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The harness is messed up on the 89 crx hf, body is clean. Is the 90 honda civic si dash harness the same as the 90-91 honda crx si dash harness?? Please help guys, its so damn hard to find a hf harness. What needs to be done to modify the si harness to work on hf??

You need to perform a DPFI to MPFI conversion. Not hard if you are decent at electrical work. You can find the instructions on this site.

my friend crx hf is alredy mpfi, meaning it has 4 injectors already> SO will the si hatch 90 dash harness work with 90 crx si engine harness?

im not sure but what happend to the hf harness

yes it should the only big differences between the si and the hf were the knuckles, 8 extra valves in the head and .1L(also the computer was pm6 for an si and pm8 for an hf i think???) lol, other wise the hf was still a mpfi car, it should work fine, i have an 88hf and am in the middle of a b16 swap now, the biggest problem you will run into is that you need the knuckles from the si for the da axles to fit once you remove the dust guard......if you spend lots of time searching you will find all this casue i found that you dont get anwsers quick enough from other members for my satisfaction, maybe the forums arent active enough i dont know i really dont post ever

yeah the harnesses are not the same, the si harness would not work under the hood, It did not plug at the fender. I would personally try and hunt down another harness for the hf, The only you can gaurantee it will work is strip the entire car and pull all of the harnesses(fun, fun- yeah right). what is wrong with your harness, dont tell me check engine light and code 16(fuel injector), and one of the injectors are not firing.(thats what mine did, Killed off #4 inj)

Back