1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swapping ew4 - d15

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EW' started by crx-505, Dec 3, 2008.

1. crx-505

crx-505 New Member

Hi i am just wondering how hard of a swap this would be . i am interested in doing this cause my ew4 has quite a bit of miles on it . And i can get a d15 for rather cheap . how much needs to be done . ie wiring ? computer? ect ... and what if i were to put a d16 with v tec?

thanks sparks

2. cjvictoria

cjvictoria New Member

Well, you know that thing called google?? JK i was in the same boat a while back, but never did the swap. ... had a 84 civic hatch with ew1. I did some research and found that you could (if you want to) keep the EW bottom end and swap a d15 head and ecu, fuel lines, etc. no problem. Well, im not entirely sure if thats true seeing as i didnt even end up doing the swap... but i do know that a head gasket for EW1 will work for D15. Look it up man, and if you decide to tackle it, please document the build. Good luck man.

3. crx-505

crx-505 New Member

thanks for the input ... can anyone else confirm this .. any one actually done it ? that sounds like a interesting way to do it

4. cjvictoria

cjvictoria New Member

you may need to get the more experienced member's attention...

5. D15Beater

D15Beater HNFTuning

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted