swapping motor into 1992 EG hatchDX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nraf

hows it going ok here it is

my ride is a 1992 Hatch back DX from what i know my DX tranny now has its input bearing going on it, soo time for some change

I'm pretty new to the whole honda thing soo B series D series K and all that dosent really tell me much well dont get me wong i'm not stupid
B is intergra, D is civic, K is RSX

but here it gos i found a 1991 ZC HB

Car was in accident, it is running but not drivable however can be towed easily. broken axle

full drive train/ suspension. $600

DOHC ZC Motor ~80k
Lightened Flywheel
Stage 1 Clutch
MSD Ignition Blaster SS Coil http://www.msdignition.com/coil_blaster_6.htm
MSD Dist Cap, New Rotor, MSD Sparkplug wires.
Chikara Headers
Short Ram Intake w/ filter
Hollow Cat
SI Transmission x 2 one installed on the car one 1988 SI with 6 months use on it (was new)

from what i know no AC no POWER STEERING

here it goes how and what do i need to do to swap it to my EG

from what i know he has a interga ECU for it so i'm guessing its runing of the integra harness

I called a shop they said that i'm going to have trouble with the motor and set up saying, that i would need a diffrent dist.

is that true ? what do i realy need,
and will my Power,steering work with it or no?

come on please help me out as much as you can
he needs to get rid of the ride i need to fix mine

please help, also willing to pay anyone 200-300 to do the swap

the best advice you will get on this is from me.

what i would do if i were you-
sell all that stuff and buy a b or d series for your hatch.

or

sell the hatch and buy an 88-91 civic/crx that all of those items will work with.

its too hard and a waste to put that motor in your hatch when it makes the same power as a d series vtec motor.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Oct 13 2004, 08:37 PM

or

sell the hatch and buy an 88-91 civic/crx that all of those items will work with.

its too hard and a waste to put that motor in your hatch when it makes the same power as a d series vtec motor.
[post=402356]Quoted post[/post]​

I did the exact same swap that you are doing except my DOHC ZC motor was and 89 model and I was putting it in my 93 hatchback SI. Pretty much dropped right in and plugged right up. I had to use my original distributor and that was it. I threw a code for vtec but that was because I was using a vtec ecu. But a very easy swap non-the-less. Just use your distributor and the integra ecu. DONE!

Personally, I would just look around for a 92-95 D16Z6 and drop the whole thing in. To use the OBD 0 motor in your OBD I car you're going to have to swap a lot of stuff from your motor to that one, includiong the tranny. Good thing is it all works together, bad thing is it isn't really worth the time, money and effort.

:werd:

I'm actually planning on putting a D16Z6 into Katie's 88 LX at some point- it's cheaper than trying to get another D block rebuilt for her car.

Originally posted by Z6T+Oct 22 2004, 09:28 PM-->
@Oct 13 2004, 08:37 PM

or

I did the exact same swap that you are doing except my DOHC ZC motor was and 89 model and I was putting it in my 93 hatchback SI. Pretty much dropped right in and plugged right up. I had to use my original distributor and that was it. I threw a code for vtec but that was because I was using a vtec ecu. But a very easy swap non-the-less. Just use your distributor and the integra ecu. DONE!
[post=406339]Quoted post[/post]​

other than blowing your engine why in hell would you do that? you had an si! almost like swapping for the same motor.

Originally posted by vtecsir1+Oct 24 2004, 12:55 PM-->
Originally posted by Z6T@Oct 22 2004, 09:28 PM
vtecsir1
@Oct 13 2004, 08:37 PM

or

[post=406339]Quoted post[/post]​

other than blowing your engine why in hell would you do that? you had an si! almost like swapping for the same motor.
[post=406740]Quoted post[/post]​

I did blow the d16z6, or well spun a bearing. SOOOOOO........

Back