swapping my 2000 civicsi computer 4 a gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

importwarriorsi

would there be any gains if I swaped out my 2000civic si computer for a gsr computer ive been wondering this if so what advatages would i have please help me in this matter thanks every

No.

The engine you have and the GSR are different, as are the ECU's (or "computers" as you call it) leave it alone.

The biggest problem, and really the only problem would be the fact that the GSR has a duel stage intake manifold. It is designed to open the secondary runners at 4400 RPM, and you don't have those secondary runners. Because of this it wouldn't run well on the car, and also because the fuel and spark curves are based on this setup.

Originally posted by Iquark@Oct 15 2003, 02:23 PM
secondary runners at 4400 RPM

secondary runners at 6000 RPM
VTEC crossover point at 4400 RPM

Thank you for you help in this matter IQuark hmm ecu electronic control unit excuse me which is a ignition module module amplifier or igniter which means of solid state or integrated design which controls the current flow in the ignition primary circuit based on input from the pick up coil when the module opens they primary circuit and high secondary voltage is induced in the coil

Correct me if i am wrong, but i do believe that OBD2 ecu's are not interchange-able. I had a 2000 EX and i put a 1998 and 2000 GSR ecu and it did not work for either one. I got a wiring harness and put a OBD1 GSR ecu and it worked fine.

Back