SWEET!: Wakeboarders, skiers, ect...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

djyox

So you don't have friends, or friends with boats, but you love water sports? then
CHECK THIS OUT!!!! :blink: :worthy:

http://www.solowatersports.com/

Now is that fucken rocken or what? I don't wanna fuck up the surpise for anyone... Just go to the link..You must have flash! I want one! B)

That fookin rocks :ph34r: .

As soon as I read the title/subtitle I thought "Holy crap! Why don't they have little controlled boats to pull wakeboarders?"

And they've done it. Wish I would have thought of it before i read the title though...

yeah thats pretty damn cool. i saw it on Discovery Channel awhile back ago. forgot what show it was, but that thing was pretty cool. id get one if i knew how to ski or kneeboard really good.

cool idea, but it looks like it has a shitty wake, so wakeboarding would suck if you are good at it.

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Feb 2 2004, 12:22 AM
how is it controlled though?

awesome idea.

Majic..... B)

Originally posted by senate_9427@Feb 2 2004, 01:23 AM
cool idea, but it looks like it has a shitty wake, so wakeboarding would suck if you are good at it.

:werd: . it's been out for a while. i suppose it could be alright for fag skiers... but who the fuck skis anymore? the wake is weak as fuck... so wakeboarding wouldn't be nearly as much fun. it could be alright for hittin' sliders... but you'd have to worry about driving the fuckin' thing around sliders 'n shit while tryin' to wakeboard... weak shit. besides, half the fun of watersports is the whole boating lifestyle... just get a boat.

Originally posted by jeffie7@Feb 2 2004, 01:50 AM
I thought solo watersports was when you layed in the bathtub and pissed on yourself?

thats sick dude. :nobreed:

Yeah, I love the boating life...but there are times where i wanna go out and no one else can or wants too...I think its sweet...IMO

$500 says there are controls on the handle. If you look at the pictures, you can see that the rope looks a little thick and a little reinforced.

Oh yeah, and you couldn't do much behind that thing. Defenitely couldn't wakeboard, prob. kneeboard, maybe wakeskate, no tubing, and skiing I would have to say NO. That little ass thing couldn't pull a skier out of the whole fast enough. You need at least 300 HP to get a full blown beer belly adult out of the water and then even if you did get them out of the hole, one good pull and that thing will go flying out of the water and you would fall on your ass !!!

I tried to call and get a price quote but no answer, prob. screening calls cuz everybody is callin BS on the whole idea.

I bet that thing would cost you your whole tax return and then some !!!

Originally posted by randerson165@Feb 2 2004, 02:31 PM
$500 says there are controls on the handle. If you look at the pictures, you can see that the rope looks a little thick and a little reinforced.

Oh yeah, and you couldn't do much behind that thing. Defenitely couldn't wakeboard, prob. kneeboard, maybe wakeskate, no tubing, and skiing I would have to say NO. That little ass thing couldn't pull a skier out of the whole fast enough. You need at least 300 HP to get a full blown beer belly adult out of the water and then even if you did get them out of the hole, one good pull and that thing will go flying out of the water and you would fall on your ass !!!

I tried to call and get a price quote but no answer, prob. screening calls cuz everybody is callin BS on the whole idea.

I bet that thing would cost you your whole tax return and then some !!!

300 hp? no way man, i used to have a 14 foot flatboat with a 35 horsepower johnson engine and we would go skiing, kneeboarding, wakeboarding, whatever all day long.

I've been skiing all my life and when you have a fat ass 250lb jelly donut eating, beer belly drinking, drunk ass dude behind your boat, trust me. Ok, maybe you only need 200hp, but I guarantee you, if you try to pull that same person up behind a 35 horse boat, he's either going to not get up and die trying, or he's going to get up after trying to death and then not want to go skiing the rest of the day.

Oh yeah, I don't know about your state laws, but Oregon requires you to have a spotter for when the skier falls, and the driver has to be 16 years of age and now they have a damn boaters license !!!

true, you don't need a lot of speed & power to water ski or wake board...most ski boats arn't 300hp and they weigh a shit load more than that little thing... You also have to remember that if you pull on the rope it will slow down, but by the look of the size of it (a tad smaller than a 2 person jetski) it wont come out of the water.....the controls are on the handle, where else would they be? your hands are always on the handle when ever skiing, boarding, what ever...I think the idea behind the whole thing is sweet, just depends on how much it costs.

Um...... Im not going to get into this one

just go lay in your bathtub =)

Back