Switch To Synthetic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SpyOneUSN

i got about 64k miles on my 98 ex and i want to make the switch to synthetic. what is the best way? also, whats the best synthetic to use? do i keep the same weight?

This looks like a good thread to hijack.... So, on the topic of oil/synthetic... What is the diference REALLY in using synthetic/regular oil? Is synthetic really that much better? It seems that everyone says yes except for lube techs... :huh: And what do you guys run? 20/50? 10/30? 5w?

Originally posted by SpyOneUSN@Apr 22 2003, 04:42 PM
any special way to go about switchin?

nope. just change oil as normal. you might want to do an engine flush only cause youve got 64k miles.

the main difference is breakdown of viscosity and engine protection. synthetics are supposed to not breakdown under extreme conditions and are supposed to have such great anti-friction properties that the metal surfaces in your engine will "never" wear down.

ive been always told this..... oil has different sized molocules, some big and some small. synthetic has all the same size ones. So thats why it lubes and flat out is better. but dont flush your engine with that shit. It tottaly fucks your oil pump. i guess you could flush it and replace the oil pump. trust if you do flush and dont replace the pump, you might be wondering what that knocking noise is before your next oil change :blink: Good Luck

Back