switches

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRXratedR

1) is there a way i can switch on and off the subwoofers? like when im parked and i dont want to bump it cuz my battery would die out. would a toggle switch between the amp and head unit (on the remote turn on wire) work? do i need a relay, or fuse, or something? doing it this way, is it safe?

2) i got an alarm installed with power door locks. (i have a 96 civic DX) is there a way i can lock and unlock the doors without using the remote or activating the alarm? maybe install a switch somewhere, some how. i believe i need a relay of some sort. can some one tell me how to do this? thanks in advanced.

first yes you can use any toggle switch on the remote power wire NOT ON THE MAIN POWER WIRE.
second as for no remote do you mean from the inside of the car or the out side of the car. Out side you need a remote in side it can be done

so i can put it on the remote turn on wire. i dont need a fuse?

i want to be able to lock and unlock it from the inside. i dont want to lean over to unlock the door. i got power door locks installed so i thought they would have a switch of some sort. i guess not. do you know how to do this? any help would be nice. thanks.

ya
1) no the remote wire will not need a fuse on it as long as you are just splicing into the wire from the back of the deck a good deck will have a built in cirrect protector.
2) to make the looks remote pull of the panel and indentify the three wires coming off the lock solinoid.
a) the black will be ground
B) the grenn will be lock or unlock
c)the blue will be lock or unlock

test the wires buy hitting them with 12 volts one will lock one will un lock it

asuming you only want to unlock the other door (the alarm will auto lock it when you turn it on)
take a momentary switch and hook 12v + to the one side and run a wire through the car to the other door and hook it into the unlock wire and your done

:werd:

that remote wire is low voltage, not like the main power wire for the amp, or a headlight or anything. Use a good switch, and make sure you don't accidentally touch ground or anything.

My locks had a (-)negative trigger. Find out first. Your alarm will probably have a choice for negative or positive trigger signal.

Oh, for the locks, I was going to the source wires, not the power at the solenoids. :roll:

huh? you lost me.. lets say its the green wire.. add a wire to it and run it to a switch.. get a 12v+ source and run that to the switch.. is that correct?

does it have to be a momentary switch? i can get them at like autozone and kragens right? and which wire do i run to each "lead" on the switch. on most switches i see 3. do i "T" the green wire and add another wire or do i cut it and put the switch in between? can i use a lock/unlock switch from another car and wire that?

thanks for your help.

ok a momentery switch that does not light up will have two prong on it as fpo the wire use a tappcon to attack to the door solinoid wire. As fo at the switch it doeas not matter which prong you attach to ass for a switch from another car it all depends on the switch and activation method

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Sep 26 2004, 08:34 PM
ya
1) no the remote wire will not need a fuse on it as long as you are just splicing into the wire from the back of the deck a good deck will have a built in cirrect protector.
2) to make the looks remote pull of the panel and indentify the three wires coming off the lock solinoid.
a) the black will be ground
B) the grenn will be lock or unlock
c)the blue will be lock or unlock

test the wires buy hitting them with 12 volts one will lock one will un lock it

asuming you only want to unlock the other door (the alarm will auto lock it when you turn it on)
take a momentary switch and hook 12v + to the one side and run a wire through the car to the other door and hook it into the unlock wire and your done
[post=394995]Quoted post[/post]​

only thing i would add to this is may only be 2 wires coming out of actuator it may be grounded by the mounting. other than that this is great comments

ok.. one last question before i rip my doors apart. where do i get the source for the switch? i would need 12V correct? can i just do it direct from the battery? or is there a safer way? i want to be able to lock/unlock the doors while the keys are out and the car is not on. i was thinkin maybe the outlet socket thing, under the radio, would that work? thanks again for any help.

i basically know how to do it now. but i have another idea. can i just take the door trigger wire that runs directly to the alarm's brain? i have a 96 civic dx with a viper 600 esp alarm. in the installation guide, theres a green (-) door trigger input wire and a violet (+) door trigger input wire. im guessing one is to lock both doors, and the other, unlock both doors. am i correct? is this possible? will this mess up the alarm in any way? thanks for any help and sorry for all the trouble. thanks again.

Back