1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t25 turbo

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by turboef87, Jan 26, 2010.

1. turboef87

turboef87 New Member

i gotta question if i run my stock exhaust with 2.5 inch piping will that slow the spool up time of a t25 i have a b16a and i kno that motor might be to much for the turbo and it wont hold boost to redline but with the stock exhaust i was thinkin boost would kick in a lil lata because of the stock exhaust would thiz be alright or should i just go wit a t3 im gonna be runnin 10psi also just to put that out theaaa... im asking this cause i dont wanna get to smalll of a turbo but i also love instant boost... the t25 spools up a lil to quick for my motor and im gonnna just run my stock exhaust so i figured it would slow it down and boost would come in a lil lata if u dont understand what im trynna say let me kno

2. Bobby17772

Bobby17772 New Member

the reason why it's spooling so quick is because it's such a small turbo, another reason for that is because you're probably running a b16 tranny, which has extremely short gears.

3. turboef87

turboef87 New Member

i actually have a ls trannny in it but i thought it would be worse for that turbo cause its small i might loose boost in the higher rpms

4. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

id would go with the t28 best of both worlds

5. turboef87

turboef87 New Member

could i bore out the air side of the t25 turbo and put the t28 trim wheel on will that keeep boost strong ??

6. DESPAIN

DESPAIN yep....mmhhm.......yep...

Look its just cheaper to get a diff. Turbo. You are thinking to hard on this. Imo. From exp. Just get a diff turbo and be done.

7. riceracerex

riceracerex D-Series Ninja

:rip_1: Said by the man looking for a new T3... Rebuilding the old one by any chance or is there anything left? A T3 would probably work for what he is wanting... Idk the actual cost of a rebuild though. Good Luck

8. DESPAIN

DESPAIN yep....mmhhm.......yep...

i am just getting a new one. mine is a e-gay turbo......... its lasted for alot longer than i thought.....and it still makes good power just smokes.......

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted