Tach Fairy ccame to my house...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

D15Beater

HNFTuning
Sounds nutz huh? I swapped my car to mpfi back in september, also dropped a d16y7 into it, with a 91 si tranny and a pm6 ecu. Since then its run good, strong for what it is and banging the gears out till it hits its rev limiter at 7000.....until the other day when it banged 7500 in third on the interstate. I thought well maybe my tach is off so I got in it again, nope my top speed in third had gone up from 90 to 94-95..... Most everyone I know has a honda and we cant figure it out. Ive nor have they ever seen a ecu increase its rev limiter on its own without being chipped. Anyone who finds this a bit interesting, I wanna here what you think it might be. Its a 1991 pm6 ecu. Obd0...

pm6 civic ecus lower the rev limiter when theyre still cold.....i just fix my ect and now its work....with out the ect the ecu held the car in cold mode.....this is why the rev limiter changed....normally when warmed up the car s rev point will be 7500. ok yeah i got it...

Back