tax retun scams

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seriously crappy. How crappy would it be to find out your tax return was filed by someone else when you were expecting it.

And health care is a toss up. I'm pretty sure I trust the government just as much as I trust huge businesses. NOT MUCH AT ALL.

its simple with stuff like turbotax, and a po box, and a bank that you can literally take funds from instantly to another account, or in cash, quickly and leave little trail.

No PO Box needed, just use a foreclosed home's mailbox as a dead drop. Bank accounts held by trusts held by trusts receive the IRS direct deposit. Stolen wifi to perform the e-file.
Electronic Funds Transfer = prepaid debit cards = cash = prepaid debit cards (x2) = cash = deposit in real bank account held by person.

Add a couple chained off-shore corporations get involved in that equation, it's impossible to trace without US AG subpoenas. Even then it's iffy and requires a lot of diplomatic posturing. Read: Holder doesn't have the nuts.

We in the US have created a system that caters to this type of fraud, why is everyone surprised that it's still happening?

(Disclaimer, this kind of thing is watched, and arrests are made every single week. Don't think I'm giving you a recipe.)

Dont know if this is a repost.

Salem woman arrested in $2.1 million Oregon tax fraud case | OregonLive.com

Basically woman was able to scam IRS out of $2.1 million. The only way she got caught was because of numerous reports of stolen or missing cards from her and it "raised a red flag."

im furious at this. theyre stealing money from me and you. we wont ever be able to get it back. prisons are too crowded for these bane of human existence. maybe put these fu**ers in the front line and be human IED detectors or something.

Back