TD04 14b turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

do they make a manifold or adapter plate to bolt up to a td04 14b turbo for a b18a? Is a td04 14 turbo to small for a ls motor?

turbos don't bolt to motors. they bolt to manifolds.

That said, a 14b is way too small for an LS motor IMO.

it will make an extra 30+ hp maybe, it will top out early too.

Because the turboes are reasonably cheap and its a way to add some midrange power, I think it is suitable for a smaller engine like a d-series, but for a b series you will have drop off up top.

IMO, I think you would have been better off with a t3, i got mine for 75 bucks in excellent condition, i got lucky. You can find then for >200 in decent shape. It's up to you what you do, the 14b will work just not as good as a t3 or better turbo.

don't get me wrong- it WILL work. just don't expect much out of it, and you will be happy

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 2 2004, 06:59 PM
turbos don't bolt to motors. they bolt to manifolds.

That said, a 14b is way too small for an LS motor IMO.
[post=385449]Quoted post[/post]​

A 14b is toooo small for the car it came on . . . . . . just look at what a 16G upgrade kit does to a 1g DSM.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Sep 2 2004, 09:42 PM
Because the turboes are reasonably cheap and its a way to add some midrange power, I think it is suitable for a smaller engine like a d-series, but for a b series you will have drop off up top.

IMO, I think you would have been better off with a t3, i got mine for 75 bucks in excellent condition, i got lucky. You can find then for >200 in decent shape. It's up to you what you do, the 14b will work just not as good as a t3 or better turbo.
[post=385499]Quoted post[/post]​

Exactly -> Dseries motors are low power motors . . . thats why a 14b isnt a bad size for one . . .

Back