1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

teggy ecu for crx

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by CRX_Si, Oct 2, 2003.

1. CRX_Si

CRX_Si Senior Member

can i use a 90-93 teg ecu on my 91 crx si to make some extra power? i have heard its plug and play and all the connectors are the same. is this true? i have the d16a6. thanks-david

2. CRX_Si

CRX_Si Senior Member

oops sorry wrong forum. this should be in the ecu/electronics section. if i could move it i would. sorry. but i wont duplicate the post if someone moves it for me.

3. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

90-91 as you are OBD0 it should plug in directly... 92-93 are OBD-1 so there ya go...

4. RENR

RENR Senior Member

you could use that buts its not gona give u that much power. i would go with a 89 integra ecu. its a pg7 and its much more agressive. lates

5. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

The 89 does give a decent gain. The only way I see it worth it is if you already have the ecu. I wouldn't waste the money on buying the 88-89 teg ecu. I sometimes run my 89 teg ecu in my 89 crx si. It fouls the plugs really quick becuase it runs kind of rich. I usually only run it for a few nights, not a permanent thing.

6. SleEPeR_CRX

SleEPeR_CRX Senior Member

dont use any ecu accept stock. u dont have a DOHC cam, so the 89 integra is a bad choice, same with the 90-91 integra ecu. just stick with that ecu, and if u want a more aggresive fuel curve get it chipped to the mods u have in ur car. get a cam, cam gears i/h/e , and get it chipped to that, u will get more power if u chip to ur specs than if u just randomly throw in an ecu.

7. CRX_Si

CRX_Si Senior Member

cool thanks for the info.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted