Tein HR or Tokico Illuminas/Skunk2 Coils

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tre

OK heres the scoop

Someone here in Canada is selling his Tein HR suspension that has been used for 3-4 years and is starting to show some surface rust. He wants $800 Cdn for them

AND

Somone else is sellin tokico illuminas and skunk2 coils for $400-500 CDN. The coils are at least 2 years old i am told and not too sure about the shocks.

What should i be looking for and which ones will be a better suspension setup in the long run? I will be mostly driving on the streets but will hit up the track in the summers occasdionally

Save your cash and get a new suspension. Or buy the Skunk2 coils without the Tokicos and get a good set of shocks.

tein HR's = :thumbsdown: Non adjustable sucks. Also, rust is not good. they are almost impossible to adjust when rusted.

yeah dude- stay away from both those setups. after about a year, suspension gets tired. at least thats been my butt dyno feeling.

and this isn't swap related. please post in the right place.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 6 2003, 11:22 PM
after about a year, suspension gets tired.

youre not saying im gonna have to replace my suspension again in a year are you?

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jul 6 2003, 11:07 PM
Save your cash and get a new suspension. Or buy the Skunk2 coils without the Tokicos and get a good set of shocks.

what are a good set of shocks?

koni yellows. KYB AGX. Tokico Illumina's.

Originally posted by toyarmy@Jul 7 2003, 12:26 AM
youre not saying im gonna have to replace my suspension again in a year are you?

you, probably not.

me, probably. lol

Back