Teins Or Eibach

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dveit

VIP
I'm currently debating which route i should go, i've been looking at suspensions kits and theres just so many out there. I'm trying to drop my car about 1.5 inches and do not want to go the easy way out by getting POS coilovers for just dropping it and not help the handling at all. So, im not sure if i want to go with Teins (which i heard are good) or Eibach. Tell me what you guys think i should do, and if you think there are better suspension kits besides these 2 please suggest them. Thanks

If you go with the Neuspeed race, H&R race or Eibach Sportline spring.....you will notice a major lower in the ride height of your car and have to roll the rear fenders and modify the front fenders.

I personally have the Neuspeed Race spring and 17'' rims on my 92 civic hatch and the rear fender lip was rubbing big time so I had to get rid of the lip and I had to take out the inner front fender liner which kinda sucks when it rains because road gunk gets all over the place. Anyways, I like it now. I think personally lower looks better but it is up to you. Oh, by the way, you will also need a camber kit and ball joint adjustment kit if you want to do the lower correctly.

All said and done you are looking at a big chunk of change to do the lower job "RIGHT"

:sleep:

-Depending on amount of drop-

I highly recomend getting the camber kit at the same time. (i prefer the adjustible ball joints kit)
If u dont you will have to take the whole thing apart, redoo it, and then get it re-aligned.
So basicly you save the 30-40 bucks of a front end alignment by doing it all the first time. (i learned the hard way)

no, you shouldn't have to roll fenders with eibach sportlines unless maybe you have a taller than normal wheel and tire combo. i have sportlines on my crx with 14x6" wheels, 185/60 tires and there is no rubbing at all. i recommmend the eibachs. they're very good springs. eibach does nothing but suspension and theyve been making springs for pro race teams for over 50 years.

if you are looking at a 1.5 drop or even a 2" drop and just using it for daily driving, regular springs should be fine, no use in droping in Tiens. and as far as rolling the fender... its all about getting the proper off-set for the wheels... i run LS 15" webs with 2" drop, tokico shocks and its a comfy ride, no rub... even with 17" there should be no need for rolling the fender or removing the wheel well liner IF you have proper off-set on the wheels. i know some "hard core" peeps might disagree but i only speak about what ive experinced.

anyone experience the same???

p.s. now days if you stick with a reputable spring manufactuer (nuespeed, h&r, skunk, suspension Tech... ect...) you should be fine... if you have to go with coilovers, go for the best money can buy...

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Jun 1 2003, 04:21 AM
no, you shouldn't have to roll fenders with eibach sportlines unless maybe you have a taller than normal wheel and tire combo. i have sportlines on my crx with 14x6" wheels, 185/60 tires and there is no rubbing at all. i recommmend the eibachs. they're very good springs. eibach does nothing but suspension and theyve been making springs for pro race teams for over 50 years.

like he said trust experience,eibach sportlines rock

Originally posted by importimage@May 31 2003, 10:37 PM
you will have to roll the rear fenders and modify the front fenders.

off a 1.5 inch drop? please.

i'm dropped like 3.5 inches from stock, i ran 17s 3 years ago, and i never rubbed expect for when at full sterring lock

Back