Tenjou Tenge

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

For all those Anime buffs out there, season two of Tenjou Tenge has just been releasd. Its been almost a year since the "conclusion" of the first season. What a cliff hanger. If you dont watch the series, its about martial arts. Really cool fighting, way better than a kamehameha attack, and hips and tits. Its catergorized under ecchi, perverted, anime. Its Kill Bill with a gianourmus sword and breasts.

I believe only the first season is licensed. Not sure though.

How can you not call it ecchi?? It constantly shows panties and such.

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Mar 21 2005, 12:54 PM
I believe only the first season is licensed. Not sure though.

How can you not call it ecchi?? It constantly shows panties and such.
[post=476531]Quoted post[/post]​

Dunno... I guess I don't know my ecchi definition too well. Panty shots all the time aren't a big deal- when you get into ATR DTR and MTR, then you've got issues. Alien tentacle rape, demon/monster tentacle rape...... me = no like that stuff.

its really a matter of semantics. When i first started watching anime I remember reading a faq that described the differences. Pretty much it said that the distinction between ecchi and hentai (aside from ecchi being the japanese pronounciation of the letter "h") is that ecchi is typically cheesecakish, whereas hentai would be overtly sexual. In terms of anime it would be comparing say, Voltage Fighter Gokaizer (ecchi for copious panty shots and jiggly breasts) to Cool Devices (*ahem*). Essentially, as i understand it, ecchi is not a specific genre, as hentai is, so much as it is a label applied to cheesecakish anime.

Back