Tennative February VT Meet...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So I'm kinda thinking of holding another VT meet in February. Since it's the winter and I'm sure you southern NE'rs don't have snow tires, the focus of this meet won't be so much on driving. Or maybe it will. I have two ideas...

1) Come on up for a weekend of skiing/ snowboarding/ late night sn*cross in abandoned, remote parking lots.

2) Come on up for a weekend of bar hopping and ice racing. See, Lake Champlain is public land. IE- during the summer, anyone can use it any way they want (boats, swimming, seaplanes, ect). The winter is no exception. Anyone is allowed to drive a car, ATV, snowmobile, or land a plane on the lake once the ice is thick enough. Thick enough being 3-4" will support a car. In February, the ice is generally about 12- 18" thick. You could drive a semi on that. Anyway, since it's public access "land," you can do whatever you want, including setting up cones or marking off a course and drive around it if you use common sense. There is no charge for this, however, if we do this, I'll require everyone in the cars to wear helmets.

The usual schedule applies- show up Friday night if you can, then do whatever. If we do #2, then Saturday would be the ice race day, and that evening, we could hit the bars in Burlington, VT, and on Sunday... whatever. :p

I'm thinking the 2nd weekend in Feb, but I'm not positive. Any takers besides B, E, Bill, and "dude"?

Oh yes, and those that attended my August meet, feel free to post your impressions to convince more to show up this time. :)

august meet was stupid fun :)

ice racing? im a pussy. i won't even skate on a pond. i don't trust that shit.
moreover, most of us are driving our winter beaters now... and have the real cars put away....
if it snows, the 240 will not make it to VT. even with studded snows it has on it now, i can barely make it the 3 miles home from work... its horrible in the snow. i would never trust it up north this time of the year.
but like usual, im down for riding shotty with anyone :) :) :)

im in - and up for ice racing, if someone has a set of 13's that i can stud! B)

Most likely, it'll be snow covered ice. Studs will help, but if you have a decent set of snow tires, or even all seasons, it'll work. And if you get stuck, we can just wait 'till spring for the thaw, and then have a boat pull you out. Or hook a chain up to my car and tow ya out of the hole.

Back