Tensioner Pulley Reuse

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

f22b1 coupe

My question is how long do tensioner pulleys last on average? I have messed with a few civic engines that seem to have had the original belt/pump/tensioner on then at over 200K and the pulley was a little loose but not "going out." I am swapping a D16y7 (pussy motor) back into a 2000 LX that blew the motor, and as a budget cutdown I am entertaining leaving it alone. I have two to choose from, the factory motor that blew (117K) or the replacement motor going in (119K). I haven't undone the timing yet on either but I am tempted to just use the one that seems to be in best shape and put it on. The person buying the car is a friend, and it's probably going to be a temporary thing. Also, the manual (and dealership when I called) said they only inspect it, it is not routine to replace the first belt around. Should I just skip this $50+ part if I am trying to make money on the car? only thing that makes me nervous is the car is for my gf's mom. I am doing the following already:

timing belt
water pump
thermostat
radiator hoses
oil
coolant
rear main
PCV valve

Any thoughts on this? I always like to hear from people with more experience than me.

if your replacing the rear main are you doing the clutch? the tensioner will be fine, the timing belt cover is there to keep that in good condition. I would also replace the fuel filter

Back