tenzo r evo seats

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecsir1

I have been looking at tenzo r evo seats, $440 shipped isnt to bad for a set of these and they look like the recaro speeds. do any of you have expierience with these seats or know if recaro really does make them like I have heard? I just want to make sure these seats are safe and wont fold over me if I get rear ended.

http://www.tenzoracingsports.com/seats/typer-evo/index.html

I know for sure that Recaro DOES make some seats for Tenzo...I'm not sure which one it is though...

My buddy has a set, and his brother does also.

Sat in both sets many times. His brothers are a year old and faded. They're ok seats overall. Sure they hug you, but its like sitting on cardboard at the same time.

I'd personally rather pay more for better quality and for something that I know is made by a quality builder and not trying to see if there is heresay that they are.

OEM honda pwnz j00. Get Del Sol seats..those things are teh sickness.

Originally posted by civicious@Jan 31 2005, 11:46 AM
OEM honda pwnz j00. Get Del Sol seats..those things are teh sickness.
[post=453803]Quoted post[/post]​

too overpriced in my area

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Jan 31 2005, 11:45 AM
My buddy has a set, and his brother does also.

Sat in both sets many times. His brothers are a year old and faded. They're ok seats overall. Sure they hug you, but its like sitting on cardboard at the same time.

I'd personally rather pay more for better quality and for something that I know is made by a quality builder and not trying to see if there is heresay that they are.
[post=453801]Quoted post[/post]​

not everything that cost more is better, recaro could indeed make these seats and use cheaper fabric material resulting in a lower cost seat with the same performance. most parts are made over seas and then a company slaps thier brand name on it anyway. so you can go pay more for your name brand parts that do the same thing as these, i just wanted to hear that someone has them and that they are safe. i could careless if you guys think im jdm l33t or a baller because i have over priced bride,recaro etc seats.

corbeau makes excelent quality seats for very reasonable prices
they are as good as any of the top name brands for slightly more money than the bullshit brands
i would recommend looking into them

i know that isnt what you want to hear, but i have yet to see a single tenzo seat that was not a POS

:werd: I don't know about you, but I don't like my ass numb after a 30 minute ride. My buddy's brand new ones, honestly are nothing special. Then again, I've never sat in any other racing seats besides those, and his old school recaro's that were hella flimsy due to being 12 years old.

werd. fuck tenzo.
i'd rather strap on a milk crate

Originally posted by vtecsir1+Jan 31 2005, 09:26 PM-->
not everything that cost more is better, recaro could indeed make these seats and use cheaper fabric material resulting in a lower cost seat with the same performance.
[post=453930]Quoted post[/post]​
Actually, cheaper materials are cheaper for a reason, and the outter shell is a high wear item, so cheaper fabrics = early wear, like TenzoRs.

civicious Posted Jan 31 2005
@ 04:44 PM
I know for sure that Recaro DOES make some seats for Tenzo...I'm not sure which one it is though...

Don't be so sure, because they don't. But they made a line for Areospeed a while back.

:werd:

Recaro makes 2 models for Arospeed, not Tenzo-R. I personally have seen WAY too many Tenzo-R seats that were falling apart after only a year of wear. My Corbeaus have been in the Civic for 3 years now, and they still look and feel brand new.

Anyway, if you're looking at $440 shipped for a set of crappy Tenzo-R seats, you might as well step up to $640 shipped for a set of good Corbeaus.

http://www.sportscar-parts.com/corbeau.html

I've sat in one of those before and didn't like it too much compared to even non-reclinables I've tried. The seat itself I think looks relatively nice for show, but I duno if you'd really enjoy them on a daily basis...just my .02.

Corbeau's on the other hand are pretty damn nice and I would have to agree easily that it's the best bang for the buck. If you keep your eyes open you can find a set of slightly used ones for what you're aiming to spend. Good luck.

Back