1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test drove 3 cars today

Discussion in 'Other Vehicle Discussions' started by jeffie7, May 27, 2006.

1. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

330CI handled nice but damnit for a 40K mile car it felt older, on top of that it was a lot less powerful then what I thought it would be. 330CI thumbs up on looks, thumbs down on the car as a whole.

M3. hehehe this car handled very well, had a nice harsh ride like I like. and the seats, oh baby the seats. I was snug in the seats the sides wrap around you, they are just perfect seats Mmmmmm. power wise.... once again less then I thought. I didnt take it up past 8K but I did get it close to 7K (with sales guy in car) it had some really nice torque but it didnt do what I thought it would do. this car also had just over 40K miles and it also felt like it had more miles, I had to check all the windows/sunroof becuase I kept hearing sounds like wind... oh wait thats just the door not sealing right. BAH!

Car looks awesome, Car felt awesome, power could have been a tad bit more but Im sure a lot of that was in the last 2K RPM I didnt get to. over all I really like the M3 but when it comes down to it all the things I heard on random beamer forums is true, I just dont trust the cars.

Also one thing I noticed was the gas pedal has about 1/4 travel before anything happens. its like the first 20% of the throttle only work about 5% of the way, so it was nothing and then a bunch of gas at once. Maybe they do that to make it feel fast? I dont know.

I test drove an 06 TSX auto (had ZERO 6 speeds) the fit of the car felt better then both BMWs it felt better built all the way around. the engine with the auto was a piece of shit, Reviews also agree and say it's a blast with the 6speed. over all I really really really liked the car.

I think the TSX is going to be the car. I just need to find one I like and for the price I like.
    that is, IF the reviewers are right about the 6 speed ver being much better.

My view on BMWs has changed a lot in the last 2 months.

Would I own a M3? fuck yeah, but I wouldnt pay over $30K for it if it had over 40K miles.
    I'd take an S2000, or Z/G over it anyday for the money.

P.S I almost test drove a GTO just becuase they had one with UNDER 10K miles on it. sticker price was $21K once again american cars have NO RESALE VALUE at all. in the end I figured I would just end up hating the car if I owned it and in 3 years it would be worth no more then a used honda.

2. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

TSX!!!! :thumbsup:

3. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

4. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

that isnt worth 35k. nice color, horrible interior. no nav, no 19's, no special seats.. plus its a 02

5. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

word. if you can talk em down 5-7 i think youd be lookin at the right price for an 02 M3.

6. Dustin_m

Dustin_m Active Member

you didn't miss anything by not driving the GTO. it sucks. i drove it a while back and compared to the C6 vetter and the CTS-V, it seriously sucks, it feels like you are driving a damn GTP.

7. reikoshea

right on the money senate...i think the chassis might be the same as the gran prix...but the gto (no matter how much top gear loves it) is not a fun car to drive.

8. Dustin_m

Dustin_m Active Member

actually the GTO is the american version of the Holden something.. i can't remember what model. yea it was a boring car. i actually liked driving the SSR better. that thing was actually fun, and easy to swing the ass end out, when i got done with it all you could smell was rubber :ph34r:

9. reikoshea

10. Dustin_m

Dustin_m Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

its sold as a Lumina in the middle east, i don't know why but thats funny.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vauxhall_Monaro

11. reikoshea

i know why...shitty car, shittier van :) Chebys biggest mistake.

12. Dustin_m

Dustin_m Active Member

yea, def a piece of crap. its funny though that they bring back one of their shittiest cars as a v8 "sports" car

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted