Test Drove A 00 Si Today...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SpyOneUSN

i went wit my friend to a dealership cuz he wanted to test drive an 01 stang and he needed sumone over 21. so after i did some donuts in the stang, i noticed the guy had a 00 si on the lot, and asked him if i could test drive it. i look inside, see a gauge cluster wit air/fuel and nitrous gauges... hmmm... i was hopin he still had some in the bottle i thought. so i popped the trunk and to much dissapointment, no bottle. weak! mustve disconnected it b4 he sold it. so i pop the hood, iceman intake, dc header, msd sci, race clutch, lowered, and some other minor shit. start it up (took a couple seconds) and got out on the road. after gettin far enuff from the dealership, (the salesmen let us take it out by ourselves) i get on it pretty hard and it was pretty loud for stock exhaust. however when the vtec kicked in, i could hear it, but the car didnt seem to pull any harder like it should. the check engine light was flashing when i started it up and it kept flashing as i drove. course i would never buy a car that i knew had used the juice, but what the fuck did this guy do to the car? it just sounded messed up i dunno. didnt even seem as fast as it shouldve. any ideas?

he probably blew the welds on the intake manifold, and now vin diesel is going to have to replace the piston rings he fried.

and you looked under the hood to find out the car was lowered eh? haha.

haha, for real though he probably really did roast up the rings and now the thing loses compression. Or the vtec on those cars just sucks, im not sure. If the check engine light is on it could be something else. If the ECU goes into an error mode it could turn vtec off, or do all sorts of shit to the engine. Impossible to know without knowing what code it throws.

definately fried sumthin. if i ever put nitrous on my car, id remove any evidence that it was ever on there before i sold it so the only way you could tell is if you looked at the pistons.

i also was lookin for a suburu dealership but couldnt find one. when does the sti come out? i saw a mitsu dealership, no evos. when do those come out?
im thinkin i want a stang... :D

Back