Test Drove a few new cars yesterday...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bob Vila

ɐןıʌ qoq
Admin
VIP
Abbie and I went out and test drove a few cars

2004 Mazda 6 - V6, Fully Loaded - with Xplan can get for about 23-24k.
Outcome: Very nice, solid car. Linear powerband. Didnt care all to much with pedal placement. The gear changes were akward as well...almost as it would have been more comfortable if I was sitting in the Passenger seat. Suspension is very nice and tight just like all mazda's are now a days. Interior is very nice. Leather is plush, seats are sporty. All around nice car... 6.5 on a scale of 1 to 10.

2004 Subaru WRX - Test Drive vehicle only had optional spoiler.
Outcome: Very nice car as well. Interior wasnt as nice as the 6, however performance wise, nothing beats a turbo...especially a flat four turbo. Powerband is awesome. I can't imagine an STi, however it would be nice to actually test drive one. Dealers around here have them on lockdown just like they did when I wanted my old Si. The salesman didnt come out with us on this test drive so I really got to open it up. 0-120 like whoa :) Reminds me very much of the perfomance of my Si when it had the charger on it. the powerband is very linear and pulls rather strong for a stock vehicle. I really want AWD due to being used to the Jeeps 4wd, winter driving is changed drastically. I was very impressed with the overall experience with this car...if I do purchase a new car, this is definately on the top of my list. Especially because of AWD. Of course i will need to add a few options, sunroof is a must for me...

Decisions, Decisions :)

Originally posted by B16@Feb 23 2004, 12:41 PM
psh, easy one... WRX! :)

:werd:

And after you get the car, if you don't mind a slightly reduced warranty, install an aftermarket uppipe and get a reflashed ECU. Goodbye turbo lag (full boost hits around 3000-3500 vs. 4500), hello 50 extra horsepower. :)

Go for the wrx if the insurance won't kill you.

Originally posted by Jeef@Feb 23 2004, 03:05 PM
If the insurance won't kill you the wrx.

ok i have no idea what that means..

WRX Yo!!!!

I wrote that in a medicated state, I had to english motherfucker myself on that one.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Feb 23 2004, 03:05 PM-->
@Feb 23 2004, 12:41 PM

And after you get the car, if you don't mind a slightly reduced warranty, install an aftermarket uppipe and get a reflashed ECU. Goodbye turbo lag (full boost hits around 3000-3500 vs. 4500), hello 50 extra horsepower. :)

:withstupid:

My opinion, as if you didn't already KNOW what it would be is...

...WRX WR Blue Pearl all the way. :D

Insurance shouldn't be bad for you being older and engaged. I quoted on a WRX at 220 a month over the 186 for my Si, so it's only 30 more for me. Although the Mazda6 is a nice car, you get the same power from the boxer four, awd, a nicer, smoother 5 speed and still have four doors. Not to mention the 5.5 second 0-60s. ;)

We should have an emoticon on here called :buyawrx:

Dohcvtec_accord and I would use it daily. :)

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Feb 23 2004, 12:05 PM-->
@Feb 23 2004, 12:41 PM

get the UTEC, my buddy just got one and we were tuning it all weekend. we got it making about 14lbs at around 3k rpm peaking at 16.3lbs. the car really scoots now :)

Originally posted by B16@Feb 23 2004, 02:56 PM
get the UTEC, my buddy just got one and we were tuning it all weekend. we got it making about 14lbs at around 3k rpm peaking at 16.3lbs. the car really scoots now :)

I'm a Vishnu man, but I hear TurboXS (who makes the UTEC) is pretty good as well.

And yes, rev8k and I need a :buyawrx: emoticon. :p By the way, my insurance quote was $40/6 months higher, not $40 a month.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 23 2004, 11:25 PM
what about that saab you were looking at?

My favorite part about Saab's:

The boost gauge with green, white, and red.

"Y0, iT wuZ MaD tite, BefOre, I wuz 0nly hitt1ng gr33n B00st, bUt n0w That 1've got 3 tuboees, i'm In r3d y0!!!"

Back