Test run.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
Welp....got all the air lines connected, and installed a 10/3 wire to the compressor...got the sandblaster put together, and loaded with plain sand used to blast buildings....and ran a temp cable to the household clothes dryer outlet..... :ph34r:

hooked everything up...compressor kicked on...it's queiter than I thought it would be...builds up pressure at a decent rate...and kicked off at 135 psi...I adjusted the reg to full open....and connected it to the sand blaster.

so far....I found a few problems....

I'll need to fab a little more to the blaster, like add a small fine screen to catch all the junk that blows off...I'll need to add some clamps to hold the pick up tube to the bottom of the blaster....but those were already planned. I blasted a wheel...it took a while...due to the shitty sand I have.....but it cleaned it up pretty good....got all the corrosion off, the old paint, and cleaned of the tar from where the old tire was mounted....I was satisfied....so after some better sand or glass beads...and the other few mods still to do...it will kick ass. The aircompressor kept right up...and was blowing more than I thought it would, just the sand pick-up kept clogging from the large flakes of paint, but a quik shot of air to the hand....and the tube clears...

only real problem...my hand started getting tired from holding the trigger...

So...since I have a freshly blasted rim mostly done...I took a die grinder with a mag cleaning head to it....cleaned up the inside of the back.....and it was whizzing away.....cleaning the rest of the shit...and giving a sweet dull finish that should be easy to paint or buff up more to polish......but it got the crud and crap off in a heartbeat....and the aircompressor actually stopped...and I still whizzed away with plenty of airpressure to go a while....

and the only problem with that operation...was my hand was getting cold from the air tool...and the arm was getting tired......

This damn air crompressor is outlasting me :blink:

but of couse I went to work last night...so I'm drained of energy anyways.....plus a few beers to help get into a sweet mood....hehe.

But now I can get some shit done.....after I get my neighbor to help me run the real 220 volt cable and power to the garage.....then I'll be able to blast anything, and start getting some heads ported and polished....to test them for this season......now if I can find an old tire balancer or lathe to spin the wheels so I can polish them to a mirror finish...then I'll be set and I can do side jobs to help pay for the set-up.....and an electric oven to plop in the garage...so I can do some powder coating and carbon fiber shit..... :ph34r:

Sadly....my two car garage is now and will always be just a one car garage :cry:

sweet. congrats.... Like i said, lemme know if you need to borrow the tiller...

if u only had a blaster with a nifty foot pedal such as mine u wouldnt have the finger tiring issues you have...hehe :p

Quoted post[/post]]
if u only had a blaster with a nifty foot pedal such as mine u wouldnt have the finger tiring issues you have...hehe :p

:werd:

We have a 48"x48" blast cabinet at work, with a foot pedal and built in gloves. It's nice. If you like I'll take some pictures of the filtering section. It seperates the solids from the sand, then it takes the dust out before blowing the sand out of the hose again.

Back