Thanks for the help guys...one more question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bavarianblessed

Just wanted to say thanks for setting me strait on my swap details(especially 92b16vx,lotsa help without the smartass remarks,thnx bro).So i got everything running with only one code this time...12.The evap control silenoid
is the culprit im guessing since my manual is saying 12 is the code for egr.I already ruled out the ecu as the culprit.It's a pr4 from a 93 Teg and it is a manual ecu,i removed the cover to make sure.All the available hoses are hooked up to the canister and to the manifold..anyone got any ideas?
best regards,
Scott

Originally posted by bavarianblessed@Apr 22 2005, 04:11 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for setting me strait on my swap details(especially 92b16vx,lotsa help without the smartass remarks,thnx bro).So i got everything running with only one code this time...12.The evap control silenoid
is the culprit im guessing since my manual is saying 12 is the code for egr.I already ruled out the ecu as the culprit.It's a pr4 from a 93 Teg and it is a manual ecu,i removed the cover to make sure.All the available hoses are hooked up to the canister and to the manifold..anyone got any ideas?
best regards,
Scott
[post=490189]Quoted post[/post]​

So no one has any ideas?The CEL will only come on after a few minutes of driving.
Then upon restarting the car the light stays off untill i've been driving it for 5 to 10 minutes then pops up....anyone?

is it plugged in? lots of times, you need to get one to match the ecu as the car doesn't have one from the factory.

i didn't know that obd1 civics or integras had egr systems. i thought that only accords and preludes had them.

i swapped an obd0 b18a into my 95 civic ran an obd1 harness and ecu and i haven't had a code 12 so i'm not sure. the codes i dealt with were code 10 and code 43.

I thought that all 92+ Honda's had egr systems. The reason you may not of have one when you did your swap saturnboy is that if it is a JDM engine they do not have smog regulation therefore not necessitating an egr system.

Back