That black box on the back of the b16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

typej

Does anybody know of any replacement parts for That black box on the back of the b16 motor? I know it is to catch the oil mist coming from inside the motor. But, is there anything that can replace it? I am thinking of welding the spout from that box to the Mugen Power oil catch container that has two hose on the top, it's a chrome box that has bolts on the bottom. I'm looking for something cosmetic to replace it.

You are right in thinking there are some replacement parts for the "black box". Endyn makes a complete setup for around $165. Or you can do some research and do it yourself for a little cheaper.

Basically you remove the black box, and put a brass plug in the hole it makes. Take out the two big allen plugs on the back of the block and use prelude fittings as hose outlets that run to the catchcan.

The Old One - Energy Dynamics : Recommended Components

97CTR said:
You are right in thinking there are some replacement parts for the "black box". Endyn makes a complete setup for around $165. Or you can do some research and do it yourself for a little cheaper.

Basically you remove the black box, and put a brass plug in the hole it makes. Take out the two big allen plugs on the back of the block and use prelude fittings as hose outlets that run to the catchcan.

The Old One - Energy Dynamics : Recommended Components

Are you talking about tehse huge hex head bolt things

Big_B_Backside.jpg

yep those are them, heres a pic of the replacement part. PN 11107-pk2-003
build.jpg

Back